Sunday, June 22, 2014

Unloading

Right now I am obsessed with getting rid of things.

My house has been in my family since 1930. 

Both my grandmother and my mother had a tendency to collect things.

All kinds of things.

When I first moved into this house after my mother had a stroke and I had to take care of her, there was a small path from the basement stairs to the washer and dryer.

The cellar was literally packed with extraneous things.

I had a clear out then but I never really got to the bottom of things.

So now I am.

I've started with the garage.

In my unearthing I have found, among other things, a dried up bottle of green fountain pen ink and a set of taillights for a Honda civic.

I've already loaded up my car trunk with one load and dropped at the Salvation Army and I am well on my way to another trunk.

It's almost impossible to say how imperative I feel this.

I simply feel suffocated with stuff!

I have tried to do this in fits and starts over the years, but I am determined this time to only have things in my life that I use and love.

Everything else must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment