Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dropping Expectations


The best possible version your physical mind is capable of imagining is the least possible version your higher mind can imagine. 
                                                                             Bashar

Recently, I told the Universe that I wanted a job. Not just any job, a really easy job that paid well, one that let me go in to work or stay home, one that was near my old job so that I can have lunch with my friends, and one that didn't have any irksome bosses.
Within a half-hour, an email with a list of current positions popped up on my screen.   There was a listing for a part-time medical editor near my old job through a temp agency. I applied for the job and was called the next day.  The woman that interviewed me expressed interest in me because the employer specifically asked for someone who had been trained as an editor at a place that I indeed had been trained. She asked me to come in and interview the next day, which I did.
There are two medical publishers near there so I assumed that it was either one of them.  They were a few blocks from my old office so I was thinking I would have a hike making it to lunch.
To my surprise, it was neither.  It was instead a small satellite office of a larger company, the office was just one block from my old office.
The cherry on top?  I had worked with the man that was hiring for the position. Did I also mention that he is one of the nicest men in the world?
Seems like a shoe-in, huh?
We had lunch, he explained the position was book editing, not journal editing, which was even more what I wanted because book editors' schedules are so much longer and looser than journal editors' schedules. I thought it went well, and then I waited.
So far I have waited two weeks and no reply.  I e-mailed the agency for an update. No answer.
Hmmm...I'm confused.  I asked the Universe for what I wanted. Almost immediately, the perfect position open up, everything seems perfect, and then...nothing.
So what do I do now?  Well, I am taking consolation from Bashar's quote above from the following video.  Although this seemed perfect to me, according to Bashar, it is the least the Universe wants to bring me.  I am taking my hands off this entirely, dropping any expectations, and I am flinging all this into the lap of the Universe.
I'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment