Friday, August 1, 2014

Name it and Claim it!

So...........long time no see.

Weird things are happening.

Didn't get the last job, that's okay.

So, first job was to be part-time and it was on hold. 

When I first went to the small office to interview for the part-time job, there were three editors' offices.

The middle one was empty because the editor, a woman I know casually, was at a dental appointment.

I immediately thought, "That's my office."

A week goes by, part-time job on hold, same free-lance office calls about another job, they don't tell me about the job but somehow I know that there is now a full-time opening in that office.  They tell me they'll arrange a phone interview on Monday.  They don't.

I call.  "Oh, you already interviewed for that position apparently, no need to interview again.  I believe, however, that they have settled on another candidate."

Okay, so I was right.  Part-time on hold to fill full-time.  So was it actually the woman in the middle office? I look her up on Linkedin, yes, she has a new position, dated as of July, in another company.

Now, I know they told me they picked someone else but I swear this job is for me.  The boss is right, the job is right, the location is right, the money is right! It's right in every possible way! I refuse to believe the Universe pulled the perfect job for me from up its capacious sleeve and then gave it to someone else!

I see myself in it as though I am seated in the office, gazing at the outer office.  I imagine myself typing at the computer.  I imagine seeing my boss at the door.  I imagine sliding the card in the card reader and letting myself in.

I know that job is just somehow going to be mine!

Keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment