Friday, July 4, 2014

St. Anthony?

Have you ever heard the rhyme, "St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please come round. Something is lost and can't be found?"

When I was a child, this rhyme was a staple in my Italian-Catholic home.  Lose your keys, misplace your wedding ring, can't find that important paper? Invoke St. Anthony!

So prevalent is the use of this rhyme in my family, that once my sister, when her eldest daughter was about 4, was complaining about not being able to find something in her kitchen, was amused to hear her daughter exclaim, "Quick, Mom, call St. Anthony!"

Ah, but is it really St. Anthony?  Not to disparage the dear old Saint, but could it be something else?

I think the real key to invoking St. Anthony is that you are turning the problem over to the Universe to solve.  Kind of what I am trying to do this year and chronicling the effort here.

We are told that Jesus said, "Unless you be like little children, you cannot enter the kingdom of Heaven."

It is the child-like faith, so faithfully demonstrated by my dear niece, that allows the miracle to occur.

But how?

Well, I don't know, but I believe is that having faith that something will occur is a form of creation and manifestation.

For example, you invoke St. Anthony, and by doing so you are actually saying to yourself, I do not have to solve this problem, I believe that the Universe will now solve the problem.  When you do that, you, by your belief, have manifested a future in which the object is found, by doing so, you have shifted into a Universe in which the object is found.

Now how is that possible?

Here is what I think is occurring:  God created the Universe. The Universe contains all things. All things, without possibility of omission.

Your firm belief, then, causes that particular Universe, the Universe with the found object, to manifest.

Why? Because parallel universes, with both minor and major differences, already exist.  Indeed, if God created the Universe, and the Universe contains all things, then they must exist.

If the premises of my argument are true (and you must decide for yourself if they are), then child-like faith causes the wanted Universe to click into place, like tuning a radio dial.

Does it work?  You must try it for yourself, remembering what Christ said to the centurion, "Go, as you have believed, so it has been done to you."





No comments:

Post a Comment